Cork Flooring Maintenance & Warranty
- The key to keeping your cork floor in good shape is simply keeping the floor clean.
- Your DuroDesign cork floor is very well protected by four coats of MP765 varnish, but to prevent grit, sand and dirt from being ground into the floor and dulling and scratching the finish, as with any floor, keep the floor clean.
- Firstly, the cork floor should be kept clean by routine vacuuming.
- Occasionally, damp mop the cork floor using wood cleaners formulated for pre-finished hardwood or laminate floors diluted in a bucket of water. These products are commonly found in any Home Depot, Lowes or any reseller of hardwood floors.
- Never wax or oil your cork floor, as this is a urethane-based finish.
- Spills should be wiped up immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrance doors and in front of kitchen sink is encouraged. Avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- Protect your floor from everyday use by installing felt or plastic protectors under "feet" of furniture.
- Caster-wheeled chairs should have wide casters.
- Observe re-finishing maintenance schedule, and re-finish the cork floor when high-traffic areas begin to show signs of wear.
We offer a 5 year renewable finish warranty for our cork flooring for normal wear and tear if you follow the re-finishing maintenance schedule. Apply two coats of our MP765 water-base polyurethane:
- Once per year for high traffic retail
- Once every two to three years for low to medium commercial traffic
- Once every five to seven years for residential cork flooring applications
A well maintained Durodesign cork floor will last decades.